Without getting into much complexities of state wise mentioning the cuisines here are the names of popular recipes that you should have throughout your South Indian holiday package. Rasam, Kuzhambu, Sambar, idli, dosa, vada, their, poriyal, kootu, thirukannamidu, kesari, Upma, parotta, huli, saaru, uppinakai, gojju, chakra Pongal, and kebabs and biryani especially from Andhra Pradesh.
Unlock the Secrets of India's Tropical South
Bounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south, South India is topographically and culturally diverse. With its colonial ports, tea-covered hills, lazy backwaters as well as world-famous beaches, luxury South India tours have something for everyone.
Essential components of any tailor-made South India holiday, the gateways of Mumbai, as well as Chennai, often tend to be the first ports of call. They can be combined with traveling to Goa on India's southwest coast which is preferred for its sun-kissed sandy beaches and also a relaxed way of living. Quieter Kerala on the Arabian Sea is a more tranquil alternative. Of the two, Kerala lies farther south, separated from Goa by the state of Karnataka. Both are large tropical paradises and also offer the ideal beach retreat or a relaxing extension to a more comprehensive luxury holiday in India.
Bengaluru and also delightful Mysuru (which was called Mysore till 2014) are other highlights, as are the old hill stations of Ootacamund and Kochi (Cochin). The earliest European negotiation in India, Kochi is the resource of the serene backwaters of Kerala's canals and rivers. You can also explore the heritage temples of Tamil Nadu, India's southern-most state or visit Munnar, high in the mountains, to find out more about India's tea trade.
There are so many great destinations that it's difficult to select only a few!
- Bangalore (Bengaluru) — Garden City, Pub City and "Silicon Valley of India"
- Chennai (Madras) — the largest city in the region, city of temples and the base of Dravidian art and culture. "Detroit of India", a major auto hub of Asia.
- Coimbatore — "Manchester of South India", a major textile, industrial and educational hub.
- Hyderabad — pearl city of India and part of Silicon Plateau.
- Kochi (Cochin) — "Queen of the Arabian Sea", one of the largest port city with a strong air of colonial European cultures.
- Madurai - Historical city famous for its Meenakshi Amman Temple, the seat of Pandyas.
- Mysore — a royal city with its palaces and gardens.
- Pondicherry — former French enclave in India.
- Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) — southernmost city of India with large temples, palaces, and beaches.